Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT ARE MY TICKET OPTIONS?
This year we’re offering both general admission (GA) and VIP weekend passes that include access to all three nights of the fest. See below for details on each pass type. We may release single-day passes closer to the event, depending on availability. We’re also offering a limited number of on-site camping spots just a short walk from the stage that can be reserved Thursday-Sunday.
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH MY TICKET?
A GA 3-Day pass to Fort Desolation Fest gives you general admission to all three days of the festival, including:
- All GA areas, amenities and activities
- Food vendors
- The GA bar area (21+ only)
- Free parking
- Plus re-entry all weekend long
A VIP 3-Day pass to Fort Desolation Fest (limited quantity available) gives you all the benefits of a GA 3-Day pass, plus the following VIP benefits:
- Access to the VIP viewing area close to the main stage
- Access to the VIP bar (21+) near the main stage, offering premium drink selections
- Access to the VIP lounge (21+) offering premium drink selections, premium air-conditioned bathrooms, as well as shade, lounge furniture and fire pits for relaxing
- Special VIP vehicle entrance
- VIP parking just a short walk from the main stage
- Commemorative VIP Lanyard (VIP lanyards are only decorative; it’s your wristband that allows entry into the festival)
ARE TICKETS REFUNDABLE?
Only in the unlikely case that we have to cancel Fort Desolation Fest will we refund any purchases. THERE WILL BE NO OTHER REFUNDS GIVEN. In the unlikely case that we have to reschedule the festival, we’ll honor your ticket for the rescheduled date. Please note that tickets purchased for Fort Desolation Fest are for the festival in general and NOT for any particular artist. If an artist cancels or does not perform for any reason, there will be no refunds issued.
DO YOU OFFER A PAYMENT PLAN?
Yes, you can choose a payment plan through the AXS ticketing platform toward the end of the checkout process. However, the payment plan does not apply to our Luxury Villas or Luxury Suites.
WILL TICKET PRICES OR CAMPING PRICES GO UP AT ANY POINT?
We’re using dynamic pricing, which means ticket and camping prices may go up and down at times based on demand and availability. This is a common practice for concerts, sporting events and festivals these days.
DO I NEED MY PASS ON ALL THREE DAYS?
You’ll need your AXS ID mobile ticket at check-in. After that, your wristband becomes your ticket, so don’t remove it until the festival ends on Saturday night. Please note that VIP lanyards are NOT the same as a wristband. VIP lanyards are only decorative and your wristband is what allows entry into the festival.
WHAT IF MY FAVORITE ARTIST CAN’T PERFORM AT FORT DESOLATION FEST AFTER ALL?
It’s highly unlikely, but in the case that an artist performing at Fort Desolation Fest has to cancel/does not perform due to illness or any other reason, NO refunds will be issued. Fort Desolation Fest passes purchased are for the festival in general and not for any particular artist. The good news is that Fort Desolation Fest is full of incredible artists who you’ll be glad you got to see.
WHEN WILL THE DAILY MUSIC SCHEDULE BE PUBLISHED?
We won’t be announcing the daily music schedule until much closer to the festival. Definitely don’t wait for this before purchasing your passes, as they may sell out long before we announce the schedule, and we may or may not choose to release single-day passes as the event gets closer.
ARE KIDS ALLOWED? AND DO THEY NEED A TICKET?
Children 12 and younger can attend Fort Desolation Fest FREE with a ticket-holding adult.
WILL THERE BE ACCESS FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES?
We offer ADA parking with a state-issued license plate or hang tag, as well as ADA bathroom access at the festival. If you require a service animal, please email us in advance at email@example.com and keep in mind that it must stay on a leash and come with identification.
WILL THERE BE PARKING AT THE FESTIVAL?
Yes! GA parking is first come, first served—and free at Fort Desolation Fest this year. It’s just a short 10-minute walk (and an even shorter shuttle ride) from the festival grounds. And VIP pass holders get access to VIP parking on the festival grounds.
WHAT TIME CAN I ARRIVE AT THE FESTIVAL?
We’ll announce the time the doors will open each day as the festival gets closer, but it will likely be late afternoon/early evening, with Thursday’s show starting a bit later than Friday’s and Saturday’s. If you reserve an on-site camping spot, you’ll be able to arrive at the campground earlier in the day on Thursday and come and go from the campground each day of the festival.
DO I NEED MY I.D. AT THE FESTIVAL?
If you plan on drinking alcohol, you’ll need your government-issued ID, driver’s license or passport at the festival.
IS THERE RE-ENTRY INTO THE FESTIVAL?
Yes, you may come and go from the festival with your festival wristband, but will be subject to search with each re-entry.
WILL THERE BE PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILMING AT THE FESTIVAL?
Yes! Please note that by being at the festival, you consent to your image, voice and/or likeness being used, without compensation, in photos and/or videos being taken by Fort Desolation and its partners for use in any number of future promotional efforts, which may include websites, social media and other media. You also release Fort Desolation and its partners, as well as its/their successors and licensees, from any liability of any nature.
ARE CAMPING CHAIRS ALLOWED?
You’re welcome to bring low-profile, folding camping chairs with a seat height of 11 inches or less off the ground inside the music area of the festival. NO tall lawn chairs or other seating is allowed. Please note that this year we’ll be checking your seat height at the entrance. If your chairs aren’t low-profile, folding camping chairs with a seat height of 11 INCHES OR LESS OFF THE GROUND, you won’t be able to bring them into the music area of the festival. Also, camping chairs cannot be left overnight to save your spot for the next day. You will need to take your chairs back to your camp or other lodging after each day of the Festival.
CAN I BRING AN UMBRELLA OR SUNSHADE?
No umbrellas or sunshades are allowed. Ponchos are welcome in case it happens to rain.
WHAT CAN I BRING INSIDE THE FESTIVAL?
- Small bag/backpack (no bigger than 18” tall, 13” wide and 8” deep when packed) with one main pocket/opening for easy searching
- Low-profile lawn chairs (11” seat height or less) for the concert area
- Empty water bottle or hydration pack (NOT glass) for filling at our free water stations
- Bug spray
- Baby stroller if needed
- Cell phone
- Basic point-and-shoot camera
- Any necessary prescription(s) with your personalized pharmacy label attached
- Any over-the-counter medications needed for that particular day
- Portable cell-phone charger
WHAT CAN’T I BRING INSIDE THE FESTIVAL?
- NO bag bigger than 18” tall, 13” wide and 8” deep when packed
- NO chairs with a seat height over 11”
- NO outside food or beverages
- NO umbrellas or shade structures
- NO coolers
- NO glass containers of any kind
- NO cigarettes (but vaping devices and e-cigarettes are allowed)
- NO alcohol of any kind (but we’ll have alcohol for sale in specific areas for those 21+)
- NO illegal substances of any kind
- NO weapons of any kind
- NO fireworks or explosives of any kind
- NO pets/animals
- NO selfie sticks
- NO bicycles, carts, skateboards, scooters or personal motorized vehicles of any kind
- NO professional audio-recording or video-recording devices, including detachable lenses, tripods, GoPros, mounts, drones, etc.
- NO unauthorized marketing materials including flyers, stickers, samples or other giveaways
WILL THERE BE A LOST-AND-FOUND?
Yes! If you don’t see it, ask a festival employee or volunteer where to find it. If you realize you’ve lost something after the festival, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know if we found it.
CAN I SMOKE AT THE FESTIVAL?
No cigarette smoking is allowed at Fort Desolation Fest. However, vaping devices and e-cigarettes are allowed.
WILL THERE BE SECURITY GUARDS ON SITE?
Yes. We’ll have trained security guards around the festival and campground.
WILL THERE BE FIRST AID?
Definitely! The first aid tent will be clearly marked, and any festival employee or volunteer will be able to point you in the right direction.
WILL BAGS OR VEHICLES BE SEARCHED?
Every person, bag and vehicle are subject to search upon arrival at Fort Desolation Fest. If you refuse to be searched, you won’t be allowed to enter the festival and we won’t be able to refund you. This goes for the campground as well.
ARE DOGS ALLOWED INSIDE THE FESTIVAL?
NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED INSIDE THE MUSIC AREA OF THE FESTIVAL. HOWEVER, IF YOU’RE STAYING IN A RESERVED CAMPING SPOT ON THE PROPERTY, YOUR DOG IS ALLOWED WITHIN THE CAMPGROUND ONLY, AND MUST BE ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES. Keep in mind that Fort Desolation Fest takes place on a working ranch with all sorts of animals on the property. Also, if your dog shows aggressive behavior or is not on a leash, you’ll be asked to leave the festival property. If you require a service animal, please email us in advance at email@example.com and keep in mind that it must stay on a leash and come with identification.
WHERE’S THE NEAREST MEDICAL FACILITY?
The Wayne Community Health Center in Bicknell, Utah is located at 128 South 300 West, Bicknell, UT 84715. Learn more at https://waynechc.org/.
WILL THERE BE FOOD AT THE FESTIVAL?
Absolutely. We’ll have a variety of food trucks at Fort Desolation Fest during the hours of the festival Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
WILL THERE BE WATER STATIONS AND OTHER BEVERAGES?
For sure! Please bring your own empty, non-glass water bottle into the festival and fill it up with water as needed. You’ll also be able to buy sodas and such from our food trucks, and individuals 21+ will be able to buy and drink alcohol in designated areas.
WILL ALCOHOL BE SERVED AT THE FESTIVAL?
Yes! But, of course, only for those with a government ID showing that they’re 21+, and only in designated 21+ areas.
WILL THERE BE VEGETARIAN AND/OR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD?
There will be vegetarian and gluten-free options in some of our food trucks. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have severe food allergies and would like to bring a snack that suits your needs to the festival.
WILL THERE BE FORT DESOLATION OR FORT DESOLATION FEST MERCH FOR SALE?
WHAT WILL MY PAYMENT OPTIONS BE AT THE FESTIVAL?
Our merch tent and vendors will accept credit and debit cards. Some may also accept cash, but there are no guarantees.
WILL YOU HAVE ATMS ON SITE?
No, but you’ll find one nearby in Torrey.
WILL THERE BE CELL SERVICE OR WIRELESS INTERNET AT THE FESTIVAL?
Cell phone service can be spotty in the area around Capitol Reef National Park depending on your provider, so plan accordingly. No internet service will be provided at the festival.
CAN I BRING MY OWN FOOD AND DRINKS?
No outside food and drinks are allowed inside the festival, but if you reserve one of our limited-availability camping spots on site, you can bring your own food and drinks into that area. If you have severe food allergies and would like to bring a snack that suits your needs to the festival, email us at email@example.com.
WILL THERE BE BATHROOMS AT THE FESTIVAL?
We’ll have port-a-potties around the property during the festival. But no sinks, showers, etc. VIP pass holders will have access to premium air-conditioned bathrooms with toilets and sinks.
WHAT ARE SOME PLACES TO STAY IN THE AREA?
We have a limited number of on-site camping spots that can be reserved as you purchase tickets to Fort Desolation Fest. If you’re looking for other options, here’s a list of lodging and RV parks in the Torrey area. WE STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU BOOK YOUR LODGING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, AS IT WILL GO FAST.
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW BEFORE RESERVING A CAMPING SPOT?
There will be a limited number of camping spots available on the Cougar Ridge Resort property, just a short walk from the stage.
- Camping spots are sold separately from festival passes. You must also purchase a GA weekend or VIP weekend pass to see the music.
- Camping spots are available in the following sizes: 20’ x 20’, 30’ x 30’ and a very limited number of 30’ x 50’ Large RV spots.
- Camping spots may only be reserved for all three nights of the festival (NOT for individual nights).
- Each 20′ x 20′ camping spot is for ONE VEHICLE ONLY (no trailers allowed).
- Vehicles pulling a travel trailer MAY NOT reserve a 20’ x 20’ spot.
- Vehicles pulling a travel trailer are ONLY allowed to reserve a 30’ x 30’ or 30’ x 50’ Large RV spot
- PLEASE CAREFULLY MEASURE YOUR VEHICLE BEFORE CHOOSING THE SIZE OF YOUR CAMPING SPOT.
- If you reserve a 30’ x 30’ camping spot you may have either two vehicles or one vehicle plus a travel trailer.
- Your vehicle and trailer (if applicable) must fit in your spot without touching your neighbor’s spot, with no exceptions. IF YOUR VEHICLE DOESN’T FIT IN YOUR SPOT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE, YOU’LL BE ASKED TO FIND ACCOMMODATIONS ELSEWHERE.
- The festival campground is “dry camping,” with NO water or power hookups.
- Generators will be allowed ONLY for those renting 30’ x 50’ Large RV spots, which will be in a separate area, and ONLY between 9am-10pm.
- A very limited number of 30’x50’ Large RV camping spots are available specifically for RVs or vehicles with trailers that won’t fit in the smaller spots. Each 30’ x 50’ camping spot can have a large motorhome—or one RV plus two vehicles.
- There will be plenty of porta-potties that will be emptied and cleaned daily, as well as drinking water stations and a dumpster for discarding trash near/in the campground.
- Camping check-in will begin Thursday, June 6 at 12pm.
- Camping checkout will end Sunday, June 9 at 12pm.
DOES CAMPING COST EXTRA?
Yes. All camping spots have a separate price from your event passes. Camping prices are subject to change, just like ticket prices.
WILL THERE BE WATER, POWER HOOKUPS OR DUMPSTERS IN THE CAMPGROUND?
We only offer dry camping at Fort Desolation Fest—with no water, power or sewer hookups in the campgrounds. However, we’ll have drinking-water stations in the campgrounds and the music area of the festival. And we’ll have a dumpster on site for depositing your collected trash. If you’re looking for full trailer hookups, check out the RV parks in our list of local lodging options. Please bring everything you need with you to the campground and pack out everything you pack in.
WHAT ARE THE CAMPGROUND RULES?
- In consideration of our performing artists and the safety of others, we ask that all campers’ vehicles be back in the campground before the music starts each day.
- Please be cool to your campground neighbors.
- Drive 5 mph or less in the campground and keep an eye out for people as you go.
- Please manage your own trash. Then put it in the large dumpster nearby.
- Fires are allowed only in above-ground PROPANE fire pits, stoves and grills—and must be watched at all times.
- Remember: NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED in the music festival area. And dogs in the campground MUST BE ON LEASH AT ALL TIMES.
- No climbing on the surrounding rocks and ridges.
- No firearms, weapons or other projectiles of any kind.
- No illegal substances of any kind.
- No fireworks or explosives of any kind.
- No cigarettes.
- No generators allowed—unless you’re in a 30’ x 50’ Large RV camping spot, and then ONLY from 9am-10pm.
- Drones are not allowed to be flown on the festival grounds or in the campgrounds.
- No dumping or draining gray or black water anywhere on the property.
- All campers must be checked out by 12pm on Sunday, June 9.
WILL THERE BE BATHROOMS IN THE CAMPGROUND?
Yes, there will be plenty of port-a-potties throughout the festival and campground areas. But no sinks, showers, etc. VIP pass holders will have access to premium air-conditioned bathrooms with toilets and sinks at the VIP Lounge.
ARE CAMPING SPOTS SELECTED IN ADVANCE? OR FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED?
You pick your specific camping spot at the time of purchase.
WHEN CAN CAMPERS ARRIVE ON THURSDAY? AND WHAT TIME MUST THEY CHECK OUT ON SUNDAY?
Weekend music pass holders who have reserved camping spots at Fort Desolation Fest may start arriving after 12 noon on Thursday, June 6 and must check out by 12 noon on Sunday, June 9.
CAN ANYBODY CAMP ON-SITE?
Only attendees who purchase both a weekend festival pass and a specific on-site camping spot may camp at the festival. If you miss out on our limited-availability camping spots, you’ll find many other lodgings in the area.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN STAY IN MY CAMPING SPOT?
Up to six people are allowed in the 20’ x 20’ and 30’ x 30’ camping spots. And up to eight people are allowed in the 30’ x 50’ Large RV camping spots. Each person staying in a camping spot must have their own weekend pass to Fort Desolation Fest.
CAN I PARK MY VEHICLE IN MY ON-SITE CAMPING SPOT?
Yes. If you’ve reserved an on-site camping spot at the festival, you may park your car in that spot. If you reserve a 20’ 20’ camping spot, only one vehicle is allowed—and no travel trailers. If you reserve a 30’ x 30’ camping spot, you may have either two vehicles OR one vehicle plus a travel trailer. If you reserve a 30’ x 50’, you may have a large motorhome—or one RV plus two vehicles.
WILL BAGS OR VEHICLES BE SEARCHED?
Every person, bag and vehicle is subject to search upon arrival at Fort Desolation Fest. If you refuse to be searched, you won’t be allowed to enter the festival and we won’t be able to refund you. This goes for the campground as well. You’ll be subject to search every time you go back and forth between your camping spot and the festival.
IS THERE A VEHICLE SIZE LIMIT FOR CAMPING?
If your vehicle can fit in the dimensions of a camping spot without touching the next spot, it’s allowed. We’re offering 20’ x 20’, 30’ x 30’ and a very limited number of 30’ x 50’ Large RV camping spots at the festival. TRAVEL TRAILERS ARE ONLY ALLOWED IN 30’ X 30’ OR 30’ X 50’ LARGE RV CAMPING SPOTS.
CAN I HAVE A GENERATOR IN MY CAMPING SPOT?
Generators are only allowed in 30’ x 50’ Large RV camping spots, and only between the hours of 9am and 10pm.
CAN I HAVE A CAMPFIRE IN MY CAMPING SPOT?
Fires are allowed only in above-ground propane fire pits, stoves and grills. And they must be watched at all times.
CAN I HAVE A GAS STOVE IN MY CAMPING SPOT?
Yes! Gas stoves are allowed in the campground this year.
CAN I BRING MY OWN FOOD AND DRINKS TO THE CAMPGROUND?
Yes! But no outside food or drinks are allowed inside the music area of the festival.
WILL THERE BE TRASH CANS IN THE CAMPGROUND?
No, but we’ll have a dumpster on site for your collected trash.
CAN I GO BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN MY CAMPING SPOT AND THE FESTIVAL THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND?
On-site campers may come and go from their camping spots and the festival with their passes, but will be subject to search with each re-entry.
WHAT CAN’T I BRING TO THE CAMPGROUND?
- No generators—unless you’re in a 30’ x 50’ Large RV camping spot, and then only between 9am and 10pm
- No cigarettes (but vaping devices and e-cigarettes are allowed)
- No illegal substances of any kind
- No firearms, weapons or other projectile items of any kind, including but not limited to: BB guns, air guns, paintball guns, pellet guns, sling shots, archery, pistols and rifles.
- No drones
- No fireworks or explosives of any kind
ARE YOU ACCEPTING VENDORS OR EXHIBITORS FOR FORT DESOLATION FEST?
We don’t offer a vendor area at Fort Desolation Fest. We do have a few sponsorship opportunities for select overland brands. Email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT WILL THE WEATHER BE LIKE?
Typically it’s in the mid-80s during the day and mid-50s at night in Torrey in June.
IS THE FESTIVAL RAIN OR SHINE?
It sure is! And while no umbrellas are allowed, you can bring a poncho to prepare for the unlikely case of rain.
WHERE SHOULD I STAY IF I DON’T WANT TO CAMP OR CAN’T GET A CAMPING SPOT AT THE FESTIVAL?
CAN I TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEO AT THE FESTIVAL?
You can take photos and video with a smartphone or a small point-and-shoot camera. Just not with any sort of professional audio or video recording device, and no detachable lenses, tripods, GoPros, mounts, drones, etc. are allowed.
DO YOU OFFER MEDIA ACCESS?
Our media team (photography, video, etc.) is already in place for the festival. And we don’t currently have a program for professional members of the media. Email email@example.com with questions.
WHAT IF I HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL?
Ask away at firstname.lastname@example.org. But please read the FAQs before reaching out with questions. Thank you!