TAKING CARE OF YOUR DARK FOREST KNIFE
- This knife is made of high-carbon steel, which is prone to rust.
- Keep the steel dry at all times unless you’re actually cutting something.
- Even when using the knife, wipe the blade regularly with a dry towel.
- Wash the knife carefully as needed with a soft cloth or sponge and dry immediately to avoid rust.
- Coating the steel in a food-safe mineral oil will also help prevent rust.
- Keep in mind that areas with high humidity can also lead to rust.
- Avoid soaking any part of the knife in water, as it can lead to handle warping.
- The handle’s water tolerance may vary, so avoid moisture on the handle as much as possible.
- As mentioned above, dry the handle with a towel immediately afterwashing.
- The sheath is coated in a sealant to prevent moisture from getting into the leather.
- But prolonged exposure to moisture/humidity can still allow moisture to get in.
- If this happens, let the air out the empty sheath in a dry place.
- Putting the knife in the sheath with moisture in it can rust or corrode the blade.